||PC P2b 4625
||This locomotive was originally Cleveland Union Terminal Co. 1065, one of 22 P1a Class 2-C+C-2 motors (1050-1071) built by Alco-GE in 1929-30 using catenary power. The entire series was renumbered 200-221 in 1936, with the 1065 becoming the 215. After CUT discontinued electric operation in 1953, the locomotives were purchased by the New York Central. They were rebuilt for outside-third-rail operation out of Grand Central Terminal, reclassed P2 and renumbered. CUT 215 became NYC 225 and then Penn Central 4625, and was one of the very last P2b's in service.
||6/30/1972 Upload Date: 8/4/2010 1:42:07 PM
||2852 Comments: 4